Champion Homes Plant Tour Video
True Blue Developments sells & assembles modular homes:
Modular homes are built to meet the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) A277 modular home building codes. Modular homes are sectional prefabricated houses that consist of multiple sections called modules. The modules are six sided boxes constructed in a controlled indoor (factory) environment. Modular homes are constructed of many of the same materials as, yet enjoy many advantages over, site built homes. Here is a list of those advantages:
- Consistent quality – Modular homes are built in an indoor, quality controlled facility. Obstacles such as adverse weather do not affect the construction or quality of your finished home.
- Stronger design – The stronger construction is required to help the modules maintain their structural integrity as they are transported on trucks to the construction site. The most notable difference in construction design of modular homes is replacing nails with screws and adding glue to joints. For the customer, the stronger design means that once assembled, the home will be able to endure much greater forces of nature than a site built home.
- Speed – Because the home is constructed off-site, site preparation & foundation construction can be completed simultaneously, reducing the overall completion schedule by as much as 50%.
- Environmentally friendly – While waste from a site-built dwelling may typically fill several large dumpsters, construction of a modular dwelling generates much less waste. With the same plans being constantly built, the manufacturer has records of exact quantities of materials that are needed for a given job.
- Healthier – Because modular homes are built in a factory, the materials are stored indoors in a controlled environment, eliminating the risk of mold, mildew, rust, and sun damage that can often lead to human respiratory problems. Traditional site-built homes are always at risk from these threats.
Once the fabrication process is complete, the modules are then delivered to their intended site of use, where True Blue has completed site preparations & foundation construction. Using a crane, the modules are set onto the building's foundation and True Blue’s qualified carpenters & sub-contracted plumbers & electricians join the modules together to make a single residential building.
True Blue Developments is a member of the American Modular Housing Group (AMHG). AMHG (www.americanmhg.com) is a buyers group that allows us to work with multiple manufactures to provide a greater selection of products to our customers. Additional benefits include preferential manufacturing priority & wholesale pricing.
- Highland (Champion Homes) in Worthington, Minnesota, www.highlandmanufacturing.com & www.chamionhomes.com
- Superior in Watertown, South Dakota, www.superiorhomesllc.com
- Homark in Red Lake Falls, Minnesota, www.homark.com